Monday, November 30, 2015

Tandoori Masala



Hello friends, hope you all are doing good and enjoying the warm and cozy feeling of winter which has just begun in India. I personally enjoy this season a lot as it offers foggy mornings, breeze of cold air over the face, warmth of woolen clothes, fragrance of hot cup of tea with my favorite cookies and a lot of similar things.


Earlier this month, on a laid back Sunday, I made Tandoori Chicken with Chicken Biryani (which is a weekly affair at our home) that time a thought struck to my mind that I haven't shared the recipe of Tandoori Chicken. But when I realized it was too late and the whole plate of Tandoori Chicken was devoured. 


I always make Chicken Tandoori with homemade Tandoori Masala and it is always a hit in my family. So, today I'm sharing the recipe of homemade Tandoori Masala and believe me if you taste this recipe you will forget to buy store bought Masala.


Ingredients:

1. Cumin Seeds: 3 tbsp
2. Coriander Seeds: 3 tbsp
3. Black peppercorns: 2 tbsp
4. Black Cardamoms: 2 tbsp
5. Green Cardamoms: 2 tbsp
6. Cinnamon:2 tsp
7. Cloves: 2 tsp
8. Mace: 2 tsp
9. Nutmeg (crushed): 1 
10. Kasuri Methi: 2 tsp
11. Dry red chilli: 2-3
12. Salt to taste

Method:

1. Place a pan on medium heat and dry roast all the ingredients except salt.

2. Let the spices cool down and put them in a grinder and grind to a very fine powder.

3. Take out the mixture in a bowl and combine it with salt.

4. Allow the spice mix to cool down completely and store it in an airtight container.


Note:


For regular updates just click the "Like" button on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flavors-Of-My-Plate/737185573034586?ref=hl

You can also follow me on:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/flavorsofmyplat

If you want the recipe in Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu (or any other language) click on the Google Translate button on the left side.

5 comments: