Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Pinacolada



Yes, I know my last few posts revolved around Beverages and why wouldn't they be as Summer was at its peak in India and there's nothing much satisfying than having a glass of cold drink after returning home from scorching and soaring outside temperature.

To wind up my series of "BeatTheHeat" , I thought of making Pina Colada finally. A single sip of this tropical drink gives you a feeling of relaxing at the beach and enjoying the sea view. 


My take on this recipe of Pina Colada calls for Non-alcoholic version. A good virgin Pina Colada recipe starts with the same basic ingredients as the Alcoholic version. But trust me the alcoholic flavor is so empowering that it's better to eliminate the alcohol part and just enjoy the actual flavor of this tropical drink.

I replaced alcohol with coconut milk as pineapple and coconut complement each other very well. If you want then you can add rum too but for me it's optional. Let's start with the recipe:




Ingredients:

1. Pineapple cubes: 1 and 1/2 cup
2. Coconut cream: 1/2 cup
3. Sugar: as required
5. Ice cubes: as required

Method:


1. Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend them nicely so that everything comes together and no pineapple chunks are left.

2. Check the sweetness of the juice and adjust it as per your taste.

3. While serving take a glass, add ice cubes and pour the Pina Colada in it. Garnish it as per your choice.

4. Enjoy it with your friends and family.



Note:


For regular updates just click the "Like" button on my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Flavors-Of-My-Plate/737185573034586?ref=hl

You can also follow me on:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/flavorsofmyplat

If you want the recipe in Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu (or any other language) click on the Google Translate button on the left side.

No comments:

Post a Comment